An application for those who want to get the most out of their investment in the latest Apple Mac technology
iFamily for Leopard is a genealogy application for people who think differently. Whereas other genealogy software tends to
emphasize the family unit, this software's focus is on each individual person. This distinction is subtle and is a feature of iFamily
for Leopard. In iFamily for Leopard you can see at a glance whether an individual has more than 2 parents, more than 1 spouse or the number of siblings they had.
Parent-child relationships may be natural (the default), step, adopted or foster relationships.
Available for purchase since October 2006, iFamily has had more than 60 versions released, leading to a richly featured product that is stable and user friendly, utilized by a healthy community of users.
Key Features of this application:
- Designed to focus on each individual person rather than on each family unit
- easy to use intuitive interface
- displays multiple spouses and step children
- handles over 200 different text/image/audio/video file formats and includes its own photo cropping/editing function
- images may be added individually or in batches using drag/drop or cut/paste from iPhoto, folders or taken from a web page. The
application also includes an image transcription function to assist the user to interpret and record information from images of old
documents and tombstones.
- navigation is simple and fast. As the user works with this application it remembers not only the data that has been entered, but also the navigational route the user has followed.
- a simple but very powerful search field is provided in the toolbar that provides searches on Name, ID, Title, Birth Date or Place, Cause of Death, Notes, Comments or more
- the interface is clean and neat but at the same time it is rich and easy to navigate. It has been designed for people who may spend many hours using it. It does not have fancy animations because our experience is that animations are soon turned off. We believe that people who are serious about their genealogy research prefer to concentrate on the data and make sure that it is correct without being distracted.
- data security is a very important feature of iFamily. Each data entry is saved immediately to the database file. If the power fails you will lose no more than the change you were making in the current data entry field. With some other genealogy applications you can lose hours or work or even a whole day of work. iFamily for Leopard is one of the most robust applications on the market (PC or Mac).
- Gedcom import and export - How do I load data from other Family Tree programs?
iFamily for Leopard is for Apple Mac users who like to use the latest hardware and the latest operating system. It will not run on systems earlier than Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Although it works well on smaller machines it is best used with one of the larger displays (17"+) that is set to its maximum resolution and a mouse that has more that one button. Click here for Recommended Display Size
This is the genealogy application that Mac users have been waiting for. It allows you to use the full power of your investment in the latest Apple Mac hardware and OSX - the most advanced system on the market.
Our Demo Version is only Slightly Disabled
At iFamily we do not believe in cripple-ware demos. The Demo version of iFamily for Leopard lasts for 16 days and the only function that is unavailable is Export to Gedcom. If you like you can import a Gedcom file containing more than 100,000 people into the Demo version. You can even import a Gedcom file and publish a full set of HTML web pages using the Demo. Or you can simply use the Demo to validate your data integrity using the Data Inconsistency Report.
If you have an Apple Mac OSX 10.4 or later and wish to try the trial version Click Here to Download the Demo (file size 6 MB).
Upgrades Are Free
All upgrades to iFamily for Leopard are free. For information on how to upgrade go to
How do I Upgrade to the Latest Release?
The latest release of iFamily For Leopard is V2.526. What's New in Version 2.522
Snow Leopard Update.
- If you have recently installed Snow Leopard and iFamily has stopped working, please contact us to send you a link, or alternatively access it from this link to the members section of the iFamily Support Forums.
- If you have not already upgraded to Snow Leopard, please use "Download Latest Release..." from the iFamily Menus before doing so.
If you have a version of iFamily for Tiger prior to V2.285 then you must upgrade it if you want to use it on Leopard.
If you have a version of iFamily for Leopard prior to V2.511 then you must upgrade it if you want to use it on Snow Leopard.
If you have a version of iFamily for Leopard prior to V2.526 then you must upgrade it if you want to use it on Lion.
iFamily for Tiger versus iFamily for Leopard
The current version of iFamily for Leopard runs fine on OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion).
iFamily has been built to take maximum advantage of whichever OSX you are running and all versions do run substantially faster on the Leopard operating system forward due to enhancements made by Apple when they released Leopard..
Click Here for more info on iFamily for Leopard versus iFamily for Tiger
As and when new features are developed that work only on Leopard/SL then we will let you know. In the meantime iFamily for Leopard will continue to be compatible with OS X 10.4 (Tiger) for as long as possible.